Windows 8 is the name of a version of Microsoft Windows, which we know that there are previous versions, namely Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and so on. This operating system uses an ARM microprocessor in addition to the traditional x86 microprocessors made by Intel and AMD.
On October 26, 2012, Microsoft officially released Windows 8. Then on June 26, 2013, Microsoft released a Trial version of Windows 8.1, an upgrade for Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. And on October 18, 2013, Microsoft released Windows 8.1 as a free update to Windows 8.
In this article, we will not discuss the history / creation of Windows 8, but we will learn how to install it. Alright, without lingering, we refer to the following tutorial:
How to install Windows 8: (Minimum PC / Laptop specifications used)
- 20GB of empty hard disk capacity
The free partition on your computer drive must be at least 20 GB. If it is less than this, Windows 8 will not install properly. It is better to have more free partitions so that Windows 8 is not slow.
- At least 1GB RAM
Your computer must have a minimum RAM capacity of 1 GB. Computers that only have 512 MB of RAM will not be strong enough to install Windows 8. 1 GB of RAM is sometimes still slow, so you should install 2 GB of RAM for the 32-bit version and 4 GB for the 64-bit version.
- Minimum resolution of 1366 × 768 pixels
To support the Windows 8 interface on your computer, at least your monitor resolution is 1366 x 768 pixels.
- Supports Directx 9
The last requirement so that the computer can have Windows 8 installed properly is to have a graphics card that supports Directx 9.
How to Install Windows 8: (Starting the Installation Process)
- Prepare a CD / Flasdisk containing the Windows 8 installer (I assume that those who use flasdisk are able to fill in the installer).
- Enter Bios by pressing DEL, F1, F2, or Fn + F2, depending on your laptop / motherboard manufacturer.
- Place the Driver containing the installer file at the very top position so that booting will run on the drive (in this case yiptechid uses a CD, but if you want to use a bootable flash drive made using rufus, you can follow how to make a bootable flash disk using rufus)
- Save Settings >> and then Restart
- After restarting and a display appears as shown below, please press any key so that the PC or laptop boots from the CD / DVD.
- Select Indonesian (Indonesia) in Time and currency format. For others, just leave the default, do not need to be changed. After that select Next.
- The display will appear as shown in the following image. Please select Install now.
- The next step is to enter the Windows 8 product key, which is usually included in the same package as the DVD. Then select Next.
- Don’t forget to check I accept the license terms, then select Next to continue to the next step.
- Partition Stage (Please Thorough!) – In this step, select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
- For those of you who want to reinstall, where your computer / laptop has previously installed a Windows operating system and want data on other partitions not to be lost, just delete Drive 0 Partition 2 (partition C 🙂 and Drive 0 Partition 1: System Reserved, then create a new partition again. After that select Drive 0 Partition 2 as the installation location, then select Next.
- The image above is a partition that has a previous Windows installation, so we just need to overwrite the new installation file to the old C: drive. If you have an empty drive, please divide the partition first according to your wishes.
- If you have clicked >> Next
- In the above step, it takes approximately 15 minutes and your computer / laptop will restart several times during the process. So don’t worry because it’s part of the installation stage.
How to Install Windows 8: (Desktop Settings)
- Next, give a name to your PC, then select Next. In the following stages, you can also adjust the theme color according to your taste.
- Then select Use express setting
- After that select Create a local account
- Enter the username and password if necessary. Even without a password is fine, but if you want people not to be able to access your computer / laptop carelessly, it is highly recommended to provide a password.
- Wait a few minutes, after which you will be taken to your desktop.
- Done! You have successfully installed Windows 8. Here is the Desktop and Start Menu in Windows 8.
That’s How to Install Windows 8, For those of you who want to install it, follow the steps above properly. I hope this article is useful.