The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device which the manufacturer wants you to keep on their Android Version, the OS Version specially designed for your phone. After you Unlock Bootloader of your mobile, you can Customize your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device. Unlocking the bootloader is also done so that later we can root Andorid cellphones
But before proceeding to the bootloader unlock process. There are several advantages and disadvantages to unlocking this bootloader. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of unlocking the bootloader
Advantages of Unlocking the Bootloader
- Install Custom ROMs Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking the Bootloader you Can Root Realme C2.
- You Can Easily Install TWRP On Realme C2
- Boost Your Phone’s Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- After you unlock it, your cellphone warranty will be void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Update
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROMs You Might Get Stuck Into A Boot Loop
Tutorial to Unlock Bootloader (UBL) on Realme C2
As mentioned above, you must have an unlocked bootloader to install custom ROMs, certain applications, etc. on your device, so that you can root your Realme C2 phone. Please follow the steps below to unlock the Hp bootloader.
- Enable Developer Options:
- Go to Settings >> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now, back to Developer Options.
- Unlock OEM Unlock.
- To enable it, go to Settings >> Developer options >> Enable OEM Unlock
- Turn off your device completely.
- Download and set up ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Now, you need to connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable.
- Wait until all the USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Now, head to the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools, and open CMD or a command prompt.
- Now, at the command prompt, enter the below command and press Enter key on your keyboard;
- adb devices
- The above command will show whether your device is detected by PC and all Fastboot drivers are installed correctly or not;
- The output will be something like: (If your device serial number is listed in the list of connected devices then, you are good to continue. However, if your device serial number is not on that list, you will have to install all the drivers again)
- List of devices attached device
- Type the command below to enter bootloader mode, and press Enter;
- adb reboot bootloader
- Now, enter below command to unlock bootloader of Realme C2 device. Note that this step will erase data on your smartphone;
- fastboot flashing unlock
- Your device will now ask you to confirm. you can confirm using the Volume button
- Your device will now reboot.
This is how to unlock the bootloader on a Realme C2 cellphone, please be careful and careful when running the bootloader unlock method so that errors do not occur.