Windows 7 is an operating system from Microsoft which is quite popular among its users. According to some experts, this operating system closes some of the shortcomings that exist in Windows Vista, the predecessor operating system before Windows 7. The penetration of Windows 7 is very large because many computers, especially laptops sold with Windows 7, are already installed in it. Even some of the latest laptops require the use of Windows 7 on their products because the system used is very new and no drivers are provided for other operating systems.
In the previous article we have learned how to install Windows XP, in this article Yiptechid will provide a tutorial on how to install Windows 7. For those of you who want to install Windows 7 OS on your computer or laptop, let’s follow the following step by step tutorial.
A. Bios settings to boot from CD / DVD
- Turn on or restart your computer / laptop, then press the DEL (Delete) key. Usually, to enter the BIOS menu, the most commonly used keys are DEL, F1, F2, or Fn + F2, depending on your laptop / motherboard manufacturer.
- The BIOS menu display will appear as shown below. After that, move to the Boot tab using the ◄ ► key.
- Set So that the Drive (CD / DVD) which contains the Windows 7 installation is at the top so that the computer will boot into the installation process
B. Steps to Install Windows 7
All right, BIOS settings so that booting from CD / DVD is complete. Now it’s time to install windows 7. Installing windows 7 is not difficult, please follow the steps below carefully.
- The first step, press any key to start the installation.
- Please select Indonesian (Indonesia) in Time and currency format. For Language to install and Keyboard or input method, leave the default. Then select Next.
- To start the windows 7 installation. Select Install now.
- Check / check ‘I accepted the license terms’, then select Next.
- I assume you are currently learning to install the Windows 7 operating system for the first time. So, please select Custom (advanced).
- If you want to re-install, downgrade or upgrade the Windows operating system and at the same time want the data on other partitions not lost, just delete Disk 0 Partition 2 (partition C 🙂 and Disk 0 Partition 1: System Reserved, then the two partitions will automatically delete earlier to become Unallocated Space.
- Please create a new partition again (automatically, the partition becomes Disk 0 Partition 2) and make Disk 0 Partition 2 as the installation location for Windows 7, then Next. Confused? Check out the picture below.
For those who want to reinstall, downgrade or upgrade to Windows 7 at the same time don’t want data on other partitions to be lost, please skip steps 7-10. And for those of you who are installing Windows 7 for the first time at once whose HDD is still smooth and the previous Windows operating system has not been installed, please skip step number 6.
- The next step is to partition the hard drive space. Select Drive options (advanced)> New. Then determine the size of the partition / drive. Then select Apply when finished.
- Select OK to create windows system files or what is commonly called a system reserved partition.
- Please create 2 partitions in the same way as step number 7. Actually, how many partitions depend on each person’s taste. In this tutorial, I only created 2 partitions.
- Please select Disk 0 Partition 2 as the location for the windows installation. Then select Next. Actually, you can choose the installation location anywhere, but I suggest you put it on Disk 0 Partition 2.
- Windows 7 installation process takes place. This process takes approximately 20 minutes. During the process, the computer will reboot / restart itself several times.
- Don’t press any keys on the keyboard! This will cause you to repeat the installation process from scratch.
C. Give the Computer Name and Settings Settings
- The next step is to enter your username and computer name. Then select Next.
- The next step is to create a password for the Windows account. My advice, make a strong password with a combination of numbers and symbols. As for the password hint, fill in a word or sentence that helps you remember your password. If you don’t want to add a password, just leave it blank. Then select Next.
- Please enter the Windows 7 product key, then select Next. If you don’t have a product key, you can skip the following steps without entering a product key. However, without product key activation, you can only use Windows 7 for the trial period (30 days). Then select Next.
- For Windows Update, please select Ask me later. You can choose Use recommended settings if the Windows 7 DVD you have is original. But if not, I highly recommend choosing Ask me later.
- For Time zone / time zone. Select (UTC + 07: 00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta.
- The next step is to determine the network location. Please select Public Network.
- And the Windows 7 installation process is complete
That’s the step by step how to install Windows 7, don’t forget to follow it correctly. So many articles this time, I hope this is useful.