Windows 10 is the latest series from Microsoft which has the most complete features of all Windows series. Reportedly, Microsoft will not launch the latest series again, so it is likely that Windows 10 will be their last operating system for desktop computers. But in return, Microsoft will provide periodic feature updates to Windows 10.
If you have a PC / Laptop but haven’t used the Windows 10 Operating System, and want to use it, follow the guide on how to install Windows 10 below.
Windows 10 Installation Guide – (Minimum Device Specifications)
- Minimum 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor or faster.
- At least 1GB of RAM for 32-bit Windows 10 and 2GB for 64-bit versions of Windows 10.
- 16GB hard drive for the 32-bit version and 20GB for the 64-bit version.
- Graphics Card is at least Directx 9 or newer.
- Display minimum 800 × 600.
Windows 10 Installation Guide – (Getting Started)
- First, prepare the Windows 10 installer DVD, because in this tutorial we will use the DVD to install Windows 10 on a PC / laptop. If you don’t have a DVD installer, you usually use a flash disk as the install media, you can see how it is here.
- Verify the processor type of your device, 32-bit or 64-bit. Because if your processor type is 32-bit, the type of Windows 10 that will be installed is also 32-bit. However, if it’s 64-bit you can install a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10.
- If what you are going to install Windows 10 is a laptop, make sure it is connected to the charger. Because the installation process is quite time consuming, don’t let your laptop run out of battery.
- Don’t forget to also prepare the required Windows 10 drivers. So that when the install process is complete you can immediately install the drivers you need.
Guide to Installing Windows 10 – (Installation Process)
For the installation method, it is almost the same as the installation process in Windows 8, let’s look at the step by step below:
- Bios Settings >> Enter Bios by pressing DEL, F1, F2, or Fn + F2, depending on your laptop / motherboard manufacturer.
- Place the Driver which contains the installer file at the very top position so that booting will run on the Drive, either a CD or Flashdisk
- Save Settings (press F10 key) >> and then Restart
- after the computer turns back on, the display appears as shown, then do not press any buttons. Because if you press the button, the installation process will be restarted from the beginning.
- In the Time a currency format, select “Indonesian (Indonesia)”. As for the other two columns, Language to install and Keyboard or input method do not need to be changed, just leave the default.
- Next click “Install now”.
- Next, if you have a Windows 10 Product Key, please enter it. If not, you can skip by selecting “I don’t have a product key”.
- Please type Windows 10 which you will install.
- Then the License terms information will appear in English. You can read them first or you can just tick “I accept the license terms”.
- Furthermore, if the display appears as shown, please select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Then we will continue with the division partitions. Urgent! Here I hope you are very careful, especially for the first time. Because if it’s wrong, your data might be lost.
- In this example, the hard drive I use is still empty. That means I am free to divide the spacecraft. I suggest dividing it at least two partitions, the first for the C drive; /, usually for the system. The second drive D: /, you can use to store personal data.
- If you have set the partition, select the partition that you will make the location for the Windows system. In this case I choose, Drive0 Partition2. Then click Next.
- If your computer already has an operating system, you only need to format the partition where the system was installed earlier.
- Next is a series of processes for allocating windows files from the installer media to the hard drive. Wait for the process to finish.
- Later the computer will ask to restart itself. Just click Restart now.
- If the computer has restarted, you can remove the installer media from the computer. Then wait for all the processes to complete. During this process, the computer may restart several times. Let it go, the computer is adjusting the system to the existing hardware.
- Then, enter the serial number if prompted. If you don’t have it, just click Do this later.
- Choose I own it. Then click Next.
- Create an account for your computer. Enter your username, password, and HINT (for a reminder if you forget your password). If you have clicked Next.
- Wait for the process for a moment. Not long after, you will enter the Windows 10 desktop.
- And finally you have successfully installed Windows 10 on your computer or laptop.
How, isn’t it really easy to install Windows 10? If you have trouble, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments, and I hope this article is useful for you.