In this article, Yiptechid will discuss how to root a Vivo cellphone, specifically the Vivo Y95 type. For other types of Vivo phones, you can try this tutorial first. The Vivo Y95 HP, which was released in November 2018 and has the following specifications:
- Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 processor (12 nm)
- Octa-core CPU (2 × 1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 & 6 × 1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU Adreno 505
- Front camera with 20 MP resolution, f / 2.0
- The rear camera has a resolution of 13 MP, f / 2.2, AF and 2 MP, f / 2.4, depth sensor.
For those who don’t know Root, Root is an access to change, or edit system files easily. By having root access, you can delete built-in Apps or System Apps or better known as bloatware, improve performance, and what admin likes the most is we can edit the display to install Custom ROMs and much more.
Before rooting your cellphone, we need to do something called “Unlock Bootloader”. the same as how to root an Oppo cellphone. As if the bootloader is a package of initial instructions to enter the operating system kernel boot, then the bootloader unlock is that we make the package open so that it can be rooted.
1. How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Vivo Y95
Step 1: Download the materials and prepare the following conditions:
- Prepare the computer, be it a PC / laptop.
- Prepare the Data / USB Cable.
- Download USB Driver Vivo Windows or Mac then install on your laptop / PC / Mac.
- Download Vivo Fastboot then extract the file (how to right-click the file and select Extract Here).
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader Vivo
- Enable / Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock which are in the developer options menu in the settings, if OEM Unlock is not enough, USB Debugging is enough.
- Open the Vivo Fastbot folder that was extracted earlier, then press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard + right click on the mouse in the extracted folder and select Open command window here (Windows 7) / Open PowerShell window here (Windows 10).
- Then the Command Line will open, it looks like the CMD display as shown below.
- Next, connect your cellphone to the Laptop / PC using a USB cable.
- then type adb devices to check whether the cellphone is well connected to the laptop / PC as shown below.
- Then type adb reboot bootloader then the cellphone will restart and automatically enter fastboot mode.
- Then type fastboot bbk unlock_vivo, if successful it will display the words Device is unlock on your cellphone.
- Finally, type fastboot reboot and press Enter to reboot / restart the cellphone.
- Finish !!
Congratulations, your Vivo smartphone has successfully Unlocked the Bootloader. Maybe that’s just this tutorial on How to Unlock Vivo Bootloader. Hopefully the tutorial was useful.
2. How to Root Vivo Y95
Before rooting, make sure Vivo Y95 has OK internet access. This is so that Kingroot can update the database / file into the system so that the root process is successful.
- Download Aplikasi KingRoot new version.
- When finished, install the application. If you get the message “Google installation blocked message” (see image below), select “More details” then select “Install anyway (unsave)” and “Ok”. If there is no continue to the next step.
- If the message “Installation blocked” / “Installation Blocked” or the like appears, please select Settings> Lock screen and security. Then activate “Unknown sources” and select “OK”.
- Then the installation process will appear (see picture below), select “Install” to start the Kingroot installation process, when it’s finished select “Open” to open / run the Kingroot application.
- If the application is open then select “Try it” to be able to enter the root menu and select “Get now” again to start the rooting process.
- The rooting process will take approximately 2-5 minutes or it could be more.
- After the rooting process is complete it will display the words “Rooted” on the screen. This indicates that Vivo Y95 has been successfully rooted.
- To ensure that Vivo Y95 is completely rooted, please download the Root Checker application and run it
- Finish !!!